Thursday, February 03, 2005

Blog Lost

It's been a few days.
Thanks to semester grades being due this week, the second semester just kicking off, the majority of my students acting like assclowns, and me forgetting to take a class set of essays home with me to grade over the weekend, I have not found time to post any blogs lately.
After writing something so lengthy, I was suprised at the response to the seven episodes of my personal life. Numerous people posted on that series. People informing me that they were reading it. People took my experience and gave their comments, positive and negative, and made their own judgements. Some also revealed that they have their own personal issues with this topic, coincidentally all posting under the same name. There was even a dialogue between people posting. (I appreciate ANY that took the time to read it and write on it. [There's no sarcasm there, I swear.]) And there was my favorite, a person wishing for a can of cold, refreshing Whoop Ass to be cracked open upon me. There's nothing like someone that is so disgusted with what they read, that they share their comments and then read on. Talk about feeding my ego. I think I felt a fraction of what Howard Stern does.
But the question now comes up, how do I top that?
I don't have any other surreal drama going on right now, nothing extremely engaging anyway. There's always hockey to write about (maybe, as I type, there isn't), but Mica's not a fan. 200-pound men on skates armed with sticks in effortless motion is not as interesting as 280-pound lugs in plastic armor, huffing and puffing to blow someone's knee out.
I seriously don't know what to write about. Since finishing the episodic blog, I feel at a loss of ideas.
Shit. I'm so drained creatively from the week that I'll probably end up writing a blog about not having any ideas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I guess not having anything to write about is just like having something to write about. I know I can blabber away just as easily given one or the other. It's all about perception. Realize your lack of ideas is an idea and all that...:)

4/2/05 06:30  
Blogger mica said...

I've been on the phone with you enough to know that even when you don't have anything to say, you have plenty of words with which to say it.

4/2/05 08:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home