Goal for the New Year
Having many options to choose from as my new year's resolution--from a cease and desist order of using curse words (will never happen) to engaging in sex only if true feelings are involved (should happen) to not doing that stretching exercise thing with my lips--I have decided on one.
Rather than not doing something, I set a goal for myself.
I will move out and into my own place in 2005.
I've considered it for some time, but now being 26 and remaining in the same house, bedroom, and bed for four years, a change is welcome. I need to have a room that is devoted to rest, simply a bed, closet, dresser, and absolutely no junk mail. I need another room where I can write, watch some TV, and stack the frickin' junk mail. I will say, the cream walls in my room have done little to inspire me over the time I have sat at my keyboard. (And yes, Mica, it's the walls' fault for my lack of writing these years.)
There is this strong suspicion within me that I may be my best roommate ever. If the place is dirty, it's my fault. If things get too loud, I can tone them down. If there are dirty dishes, I guess they're mine.
It's just time for me to have my own space.
Rather than not doing something, I set a goal for myself.
I will move out and into my own place in 2005.
I've considered it for some time, but now being 26 and remaining in the same house, bedroom, and bed for four years, a change is welcome. I need to have a room that is devoted to rest, simply a bed, closet, dresser, and absolutely no junk mail. I need another room where I can write, watch some TV, and stack the frickin' junk mail. I will say, the cream walls in my room have done little to inspire me over the time I have sat at my keyboard. (And yes, Mica, it's the walls' fault for my lack of writing these years.)
There is this strong suspicion within me that I may be my best roommate ever. If the place is dirty, it's my fault. If things get too loud, I can tone them down. If there are dirty dishes, I guess they're mine.
It's just time for me to have my own space.

2 Comments:
Wacth out... I hear Matt does odd things with his roomate's pillows.
L.A.! HAH! Leaving the Long Beach bubble? I think not.
Post a Comment
<< Home