Promise to Self
I'm bad.
I started this blog months ago. There were times that I really enjoyed the things I was writing. Lately, as I, among others, have observed, I've had trouble writing consistently. For the last month I have been consistent--steadily writing one blog per week. Compared to when I started out or what seemed to be my peak with my series, which garnered a variety of viewpoints, I have not done well recently.
Yes, I teach. I have 90 students who I am trying to get on track with the curriculum map given me at the beginning of the year. I grade all their written work, from sentences to paragraphs to essays.
I was taking my second black and white photography class in which I had to choose a project. I took nine photos (one short of my goal) and wrote something with it. Hmmm, maybe I should post them here.
I've also been seeing someone consistently, if not persistently, for the past two months. Now is that slowing my creative process? Or is the relationship providing me with an alternate creative outlet? Of course, I could write about her as a blog entry too. Of course, I already did.
Though, these would be excuses (if I were to list them here). But I am making a promise to me. I will post 3-4 entries every week from here on out. Unless there's a three-day weekend. Or I travel somewhere. Or I'm taken out by a stupid Hummer. Or I'm reduced to a vegetative state. Or. . .?
I started this blog months ago. There were times that I really enjoyed the things I was writing. Lately, as I, among others, have observed, I've had trouble writing consistently. For the last month I have been consistent--steadily writing one blog per week. Compared to when I started out or what seemed to be my peak with my series, which garnered a variety of viewpoints, I have not done well recently.
Yes, I teach. I have 90 students who I am trying to get on track with the curriculum map given me at the beginning of the year. I grade all their written work, from sentences to paragraphs to essays.
I was taking my second black and white photography class in which I had to choose a project. I took nine photos (one short of my goal) and wrote something with it. Hmmm, maybe I should post them here.
I've also been seeing someone consistently, if not persistently, for the past two months. Now is that slowing my creative process? Or is the relationship providing me with an alternate creative outlet? Of course, I could write about her as a blog entry too. Of course, I already did.
Though, these would be excuses (if I were to list them here). But I am making a promise to me. I will post 3-4 entries every week from here on out. Unless there's a three-day weekend. Or I travel somewhere. Or I'm taken out by a stupid Hummer. Or I'm reduced to a vegetative state. Or. . .?

4 Comments:
Yeah Matt...
You've been lazy.
I don't blog as often as I'd like to either. I have lots of things I've started, written a paragraph or so, then realized I was at work and should be writing about Medicare or Medicaid or some such thing that they actually pay me to write about. So I save what I've written and promise myself I'll work on it when I get home that night. And by the time I've get home and exercise, and fix, eat, and clean up after supper, I just don't feel like sitting down and writing something. Oh, and The Husband, he wants me to pay attention to him, not The Blog. Imagine that. And by the time I get back to it, it's out of date, and who's really going to want to read about the reaction I saw to the news about the plane in restricted air space?
Dude, I'm totally just going to go paste this comment on my own blog, since I spent time writing it.
Hmmm...shouldn't all those activities provide you with material to write about?
I'm glad that you will be writing more - this is a great forum for exploring your voice and I enjoy reading your writing. And commenting. And reading the comments of others. Even Mica's.
-the counselor
So what happened? Were you hit by a Hummer? I hope not. Are you on vacation? Because you posted this on Sunday and now it's Thursday, so you're going to need to do some blogging this weekend in order to make your quota. But this was a promise to yourself, I guess, not your devoted readers, so I suppose I shouldn't nag you. Too bad: Brian would be so happy if I directed my nagging elsewhere. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home