Monday, July 10, 2006

Flojo

That's what I've become. I've felt I'm in a state of lethargy. I haven't written anything new on this blog for weeks, almost a month. I can't allow myself to be lazy like this—waking at 6 to watch World Cup matches, going for a run and the gym before the noon World Cup matches, reading articles on hockey, then watching films with which USC says I should be familiar. (Like hell I'm watching Clueless).

Yes, I've been running and working out. And despite running 4-5 miles each time I run, despite bench presses, curls, and crunches, I am slothful.

I am lazy because I'm not writing, because I'm not challenging my brain. Hell, I could go be a triathlete if I set my body to it. I could devote hours upon hours to my muscles and tendons. But my brain's most important. I need my mind to continue to grow and strengthen. If my thinking doesn't flourish then I'm as simple as those that feel they must spend 5 hours a day at 24 Hour Fitness moving from dumbbells to leg presses. The strength of my mind is my esteem.

Even something as simple as writing the two words below this paragraph gets my mind working. I wonder how those words will be viewed. Will readers catch their irony? Am I being sincere. How much do I believe that's what I am at all? Is anyone going to read this or am I purely writing this pair of words for me? I need to keep writing I know. Otherwise, I know what I'll become.

Lazy ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger mica said...

Clueless is funny.

12/7/06 17:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the title and thought you were going to talk about Flo-Jo the runner. Boy was I wrong.

14/7/06 11:50  
Blogger matty said...

Mica,
Bwuin and Anonymous' comments are funnier than Clueless.

Victoria,
Thanks for the kick in the pants to get me going...(for this week anyway)

14/7/06 18:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home