My Bottled Form
Finally. After finishing off numerous long necked beer bottles, tall thin blue tequila bottles, fat Cosco-sized whiskey bottles, mini-bar bottles, and silver-pouched juice drinks, I have found a beverage that embodies me. This is certainly one of those quests that you don't realize you are on until someone points it out to you, but as I have told her many times over, I would be in a different place if I never met the Counselor.
What she found was at Trader Joe's. It is a dark, tall bottle, topped with a red screwcap (the new wave in wines, people). Printed in white letters on black Dymo tape read, "Whitmore Wine Co." I would like to introduce you—my four readers—to their Social Commentary Syrah.
This wine is indeed perfect for me, not because it's a red, but because of the idea behind making such a Syrah. The wine maker leaves a special note on the bottle's back label, just for me:
Sam Whitmore understands me. So I screw the top off, hearing the metal seals snap, and pour myself a glass.
Here's to verbal instigators everywhere. Salud y cheers!
What she found was at Trader Joe's. It is a dark, tall bottle, topped with a red screwcap (the new wave in wines, people). Printed in white letters on black Dymo tape read, "Whitmore Wine Co." I would like to introduce you—my four readers—to their Social Commentary Syrah.
This wine is indeed perfect for me, not because it's a red, but because of the idea behind making such a Syrah. The wine maker leaves a special note on the bottle's back label, just for me:
Proper social conduct generally says that one should avoid the subjects of religion and politics, yet, this is what (loosely) defines a society. And, I say, bring on the wine and heated discussion! I guess I have never been afraid to talk about it because my family gatherings are like an unorganized debate; really, our family pastime is arguing about anything we can. My role tends to be the instigator… I'll ask an 'innocent' question of one family member when I know the answer - making sure that another family member (that disagrees) is within earshot. Then, watch the fireworks! Good fun.
Sam Whitmore understands me. So I screw the top off, hearing the metal seals snap, and pour myself a glass.
Here's to verbal instigators everywhere. Salud y cheers!

1 Comments:
the wine is like me . . . just all right and cheap, too!*
*it's cheaper to buy at Trader Joe's than the winemaker's website.
Post a Comment
<< Home