Monday, January 30, 2006

Troubled

I finished my screenplay last night, and since looking at the requirements today for my writing sample to send out, I'm quite worried. The words "full-length screenplay" got me motivated to write an entire film. The words "no fewer than 50 pages" has me worried. Do you think any admissions committee wants to read 170 pages of screenplay? Probably not, even though it is indeed no fewer than fifty pages.





And I'm not quite sure they'll appreciate the thrice-appearing word "humping."

6 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

So....how many minutes into the Academy Awards broadcast do you think it will be before somebody makes a joke comparing the men in their tuxedos to the critters in "March of the Penguins"?

1/2/06 04:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm currently working with a company that does screenwriting workshops twice a year and i can safely say that after having read about 15 screenplays in the past two weeks, 170pgs is a lot, especially for a reader...the average is 120...

1/2/06 13:59  
Blogger Jess said...

Personally, I approve of the thrice appearing word hump.

2/2/06 08:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Thursday. That means your screenplay is completed. :) Congrats!!!

Lara

2/2/06 14:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I finally had a moment to check out your blog. It's looking good.
-Therese

3/2/06 11:20  
Blogger matty said...

Victoria - you do. but not until it gets closer to 120. i got 20 pages to trim.

6/2/06 21:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home