Subconscious Procrastination
I did it. I was telling people how I was just waiting on letters of recommendation from people. But yesterday, I sort of remembered something important for grad school—transcripts.
So I scrounged through files, envelopes, stacks of paper. I need two of each for UCLA's app, deadline 11/1. I luckily found 2 Official ones from my undergrad school. With my day off work today, I drove around getting the others. Unfortunately, for the local community college, they don't rush any transcripts. I have to wait 7-10 days. So I had them send it to UCLA, which has just added another anxiety onto my list. Will the transcript get there? I originally wanted to mail everything out at the same time. Then I would know that everything was completely in order. Do I have any other things that I have forgotten, any other things I can spend time worrying about to distract me?
I wish my professors would send the letters of rec to me.
So I scrounged through files, envelopes, stacks of paper. I need two of each for UCLA's app, deadline 11/1. I luckily found 2 Official ones from my undergrad school. With my day off work today, I drove around getting the others. Unfortunately, for the local community college, they don't rush any transcripts. I have to wait 7-10 days. So I had them send it to UCLA, which has just added another anxiety onto my list. Will the transcript get there? I originally wanted to mail everything out at the same time. Then I would know that everything was completely in order. Do I have any other things that I have forgotten, any other things I can spend time worrying about to distract me?
I wish my professors would send the letters of rec to me.

1 Comments:
STOP WORRYING SO MUCH. It doesn't matter if everything gets there all at once. Order the rest of your transcripts sent directly to all the schools you are applying to (assuming they allow that, some don't), so you can stop thinking about it. Then go have a cookie.
Post a Comment
<< Home