Thursday, September 01, 2005

100 Things About Me

I saw this on a good friend's blog, here. I thought it was interesting and a challenge, so here goes.
  1. All I need to get going in the morning is a shower.
  2. I love ice hockey more than any other sport.
  3. I love the L.A. Kings more than any other pro sports team.
  4. I love dogs. Cats suck.
  5. I have a new fear of strange dogs.
  6. Spiders creep me out and give me chills.
  7. I have a nasty habit of killing spiders.
  8. I would love to be a screenwriter for the rest of my life.
  9. I could be a good teacher for the rest of my life.
  10. I wish my father raised me speaking Spanish.
  11. I wish I worked harder in AP Spanish.
  12. I can't roll my "Rs" very well.
  13. Except that, I am good with my tongue.
  14. I used it much, when playing the trumpet since I was 12.
  15. I played in an orchestra in the Sydney Opera House.
  16. I learned piano first, starting at 5.
  17. I could read music before I could read.
  18. I don't read as much as I should.
  19. I've never read Ulysses, and I hate James Joyce.
  20. My two favorite books are Lolita and Invisible Man.
  21. I've only read each once.
  22. I've read The Things They Carried three times.
  23. I used to read only Stephen King in junior high.
  24. Reading Gerald's Game made me stop.
  25. I'm known for starting projects and compulsively having to finish them.
  26. I will exercise consistently until an illness halts my motivation.
  27. Once I ran a marathon.
  28. I've lost more weight going through break-ups than anything else.
  29. I've been in love twice.
  30. Once I care about someone, it's hard for me to stop.
  31. I'm extremely loyal to the friends I have.
  32. Once a good friend betrays me, I write them off.
  33. I like using segues and transitions in writing and conversation
  34. I didn't mind high school when I was there.
  35. Looking back, I hate it.
  36. My favorite English word is "onomatopoeia."
  37. I have trouble not sharing my opinions about a film/movie/flick.
  38. I'm a movie snob.
  39. My favorite comedy is The Big Lebowski.
  40. My favorite bands/musicians are The Beatles, Radiohead, Medeski Martin & Wood, Beck, and Pink Floyd.
  41. I'm a music snob.
  42. I could eat Mexican food every day.
  43. Italian is a favorite, too.
  44. I love a good cheeseburger when I'm having a bad day.
  45. I like chocolate more than any other sweet.
  46. Chocolate and raspberries can make me moan.
  47. I enjoy cooking.
  48. I hate making salads.
  49. I despise doing dishes, especially for Italian food.
  50. I think if one offers to pay for someone's dinner, the other should offer to pick up the tip.
  51. I joke about hating growing up as a middle child.
  52. But I like that I feel closer to my 3 siblings more than they do with each other. (Perception, people)
  53. My dog is the sweetest, most gentle dog I know.
  54. I'm good or okay at many different things in my life.
  55. I want to excel in something in my life.
  56. I bought my first car for a dollar and the thing still works today.
  57. I'm one who agrees with the following: "So many books, so little time."
  58. I know how to mow a lawn.
  59. I liked Alice in Chains more than Nirvana in the '90s.
  60. My desk is never clean.
  61. I am anal about the organization of my books, CDs, and DVDs.
  62. I have a personal drive to not be a typical guy.
  63. I've traveled to four continents so far.
  64. I would travel more if it was cheaper.
  65. I would be happy living in a foreign country for a while.
  66. I prefer girls with a Latin look to them.
  67. I write left-handed, yet use scissors, throw, and bat right-handed.
  68. I rarely listen to the radio.
  69. I am learning how to row and scull.
  70. The area above and around my shoulder blades is usually sore.
  71. I love me some Newcastle Brown Ale.
  72. My favorite married female friend that isn't an in-law is Christie.
  73. Even with my love for The Beatles, "Let It Be" and "Hey Jude" rub me the wrong way.
  74. A young woman once went home with me because I resembled Topher Grace (Eric Forman from That '70s Show).
  75. I spent 4 days in the Honolulu airport trying to fly home.
  76. I learned patience during that time.
  77. I also do not like Hawaiian music.
  78. I am extremely patient in traffic, moreso if good music is handy.
  79. I have the inability to grow Dylan McKay sideburns.
  80. I have numerous grey hairs, all which I attribute to teaching.
  81. Intelligence is a turn-on for me.
  82. After drinking, I become pleasantly loquacious.
  83. A well-timed fart joke can make me laugh.
  84. I've worn sandals almost everyday this summer.
  85. I wish I could be James Bond.
  86. But I'd be just happy writing one Bond script.
  87. I like photography, black and white mostly.
  88. I'm slowly learning to salsa dance.
  89. '80s music lifts my spirits and gets me dancing more than other music at parties.
  90. I don't like being yelled at.
  91. When I yell, it's extremely loud and ugly.
  92. My eyes give me away if I lie.
  93. I use my eyebrows when I talk.
  94. When something's funny, I usually laugh on the inside.
  95. When something funny catches me off guard, I will laugh loudly.
  96. I sneeze even louder than that.
  97. I use turn signals constantly when I drive.
  98. Coming out of a red light, I secretly race the person driving in the next lane.
  99. I am very observant of my surroundings.
  100. Today's my birthday.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 27 years old, 100 bits of information about you, and you've barely scratched the surface...

C(n)slr

1/9/05 18:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and, Happy Birthday

1/9/05 18:06  
Blogger mica said...

Ahem...

"But I am making a promise to me. I will post 3-4 entries every week from here on out."

8/9/05 21:49  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I need some entertainment during the work day. Post more and help me out here.

12/9/05 07:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In reference to #74... that was not the reason why.

15/9/05 00:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello...time for another blog...

19/9/05 17:00  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Couldn't help but notice you're currently "perusing" my all-time favorite book, "A Confederacy of Dunces", as well as the book I'm currently reading, "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius"... Methinks I like your taste... :)

7/10/05 14:04  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Eerily enough, my favorite word is also "onomatopoeia"... very strange... have you been copying me? Hee, hee...

7/10/05 14:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home