Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Them Silly Horoscopes

So my work computer got cursed when I tried to download a hockey video clip. No really, it was hockey. Besides, that is more my type of porn right now anyway. Along with the download came numerous files that I have yet to figure out how to completely delete.
One of these programs is an automatic connection to an online horoscope. I tried deleting it, but it won't go away. I gave up. So, for my own personal amusement, I've been checking it out daily.

Monday's was interesting. It said that I was to be the center of attention yet again. Great! I've been fighting for this ever since my little siblings were born. So the day went. I was front and center in my class, teaching my students about cause and effect. They were attentive for the most part (Period 5, as attentive as a class can be after being hopped up on caffeine and sugar from whatever they consumed at lunch). At that point, the horoscope was right. Later on, I had a doctor's appointment. And the doctor focused on...guess who? ME! Then came hanging out with my mom for about a half-hour, and she asked me all these inquisitive questions. Things like "How are you?" and "How's your photography class?" and "Is your Period 5 class focusing yet?" Could the horoscope be correct?? I shrugged it off as coincidence.

Today's horoscope read that I would receive a financial gift, that my economic situation will better. The day goes by and nothing. I didn't even find a single lost nickel on my classroom floor. I went straight home after work, found out I was late on paying my cell phone bill and that I got the new gas bill. Horoscope, you are SO off! Then I sit at my computer to check out my blog since I hadn't felt that I was the center of attention today and got a call from a friend/colleague. He asked me if I heard the rumour. (Rumor looks so much cooler with a "u.") I responded blankly. The rumour was that, due to the quitting of numerous other substitute teachers in the district in response to the 15% pay cut we received this year, the district chose to increase our pay back to where it was before the pay cut. If this rumour turns out to be true, then that means as a long-term sub, my pay jumps up 35 bucks per day. That there might be considered that financial gift. FREAKY!!!!

Maybe tomorrow's horoscope will be a combination of the last two...and I can begin my new career as a gigolo. At least I wouldn't have to deal w/ Period 5 anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is freakish...and well put. If I could find a way to add an extra "u" to this comment, I wouuld.
-Vic

10/11/04 23:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home