Election Night Experience
Black Tuesday...as I've heard it been called. I was in my photo class, keeping updated on the electoral vote count via text messages. It was not looking good.
My ride home consisted of making a call that would possibly lift my spirits. So I called the Bumblebee who stayed over after my halloween party. I got her name and number, but it was definitely a random hook-up, inspired by scotch, jello shots, and a few other alcohols.
As I drove, she asked over the phone the typical, "How are you?" And I gave my honest answer: "Shitty, worried, angry" at my country for not thinking clearly. She then informed me that she voted for Bush. That stung. I asked why. And she explained it was due to the fact that she wouldn't feel safer with Kerry in the White House. That set me off. Granted, this was a girl I had known for barely four days, but my emotions were already running high. My rant consisted of countering her argument...that having Bush in again would only create and add to the number of enemies the U.S. already has, resulting in me feeling less safe. I carried on with I'd take almost any administration than the one Bush offers--dishonesty, corruption, arrogance, and a bully of a country with more muscles than brains, and I ended with the fact that me, along with numerous other people (this includes Kerry), do NOT pronounce the word "nucular." I was lacking in the transition department that evening, but I think I made my argument clear and demonstrated how significant this was to me. Of course, I also made the conversation come to a halt.
Her transition came in a breathy, slightly lowered voice, saying, "Would it be inappropriate to tell you how hot you're making me, talking like this?"
I hesitated and thought, answer honestly again?
I thought against it. I dodged the question and realized that I am indeed nowhere near my sexual peak anymore, and that there are things more important to me in this world than my pleasure. And it made me ask myself the question: Was this girl just barely 18?
Because I found her comment so inappropriate and immature, I waited three days before I called her again.
My ride home consisted of making a call that would possibly lift my spirits. So I called the Bumblebee who stayed over after my halloween party. I got her name and number, but it was definitely a random hook-up, inspired by scotch, jello shots, and a few other alcohols.
As I drove, she asked over the phone the typical, "How are you?" And I gave my honest answer: "Shitty, worried, angry" at my country for not thinking clearly. She then informed me that she voted for Bush. That stung. I asked why. And she explained it was due to the fact that she wouldn't feel safer with Kerry in the White House. That set me off. Granted, this was a girl I had known for barely four days, but my emotions were already running high. My rant consisted of countering her argument...that having Bush in again would only create and add to the number of enemies the U.S. already has, resulting in me feeling less safe. I carried on with I'd take almost any administration than the one Bush offers--dishonesty, corruption, arrogance, and a bully of a country with more muscles than brains, and I ended with the fact that me, along with numerous other people (this includes Kerry), do NOT pronounce the word "nucular." I was lacking in the transition department that evening, but I think I made my argument clear and demonstrated how significant this was to me. Of course, I also made the conversation come to a halt.
Her transition came in a breathy, slightly lowered voice, saying, "Would it be inappropriate to tell you how hot you're making me, talking like this?"
I hesitated and thought, answer honestly again?
I thought against it. I dodged the question and realized that I am indeed nowhere near my sexual peak anymore, and that there are things more important to me in this world than my pleasure. And it made me ask myself the question: Was this girl just barely 18?
Because I found her comment so inappropriate and immature, I waited three days before I called her again.

1 Comments:
You should seriously bang some sense into her.
Post a Comment
<< Home